This website contains affiliate links, meaning I may receive a commission, at no extra cost to you, if you purchase a product after clicking my link to it.
Finding quality sheets, mattress pads, and other bedding that fit an RV mattress can be challenging since RV mattress sizes are different than standard residential mattresses. And if you’re shopping for sheets for a cut corner mattress or a custom sized mattress, it can be even more difficult!
Following is a list to help you shop for whatever RV bedding you need!
Who Sells RV Sheets?
When it comes to buying sheets for an RV mattress, you have a few different options:
- Use regular sheets and fit them to your RV mattress by using elastic sheet clips to cinch up the extra fabric under each corner, or if you’re up for a DIY project, remove the elastic and replace it with a drawstring.
- Have sheets made custom to your specifications (read on to find out where to order).
- Buy them from store or website that sells sheets and bedding in RV mattress sizes (keep reading for a list of places that sell them).
Stores that sell sheets sized for RV mattresses
Following is a list of some places that sell sheets in standard RV mattress sizes.
It’s not hard to find sheets on Amazon that come in standard RV mattress sizes, like these 600-thread count cotton sheets or this inexpensive microfiber sheet set, both of which come in variety of solid colors.
Camping World sells sheets to fit most RV mattresses. Your selection at a local store may be limited, but you can also order from their website. Most of their sheets are printed or embroidered with a camper-themed design.
CinchFit RV Sheets
If you have an unusual mattress size, such as a cut corner bunk mattress or a mattress with rounded corners, CinchFit RV sheets are an excellent solution. Instead of having elastic like most fitted sheets, they are secured with a draw string that you tighten to fit the sheet to the shape of the bed. (If you’re crafty, you could also try making sheets like these yourself by removing the elastic from a regular fitted sheet and replacing it with drawstring cord.)
QuickZip RV Sheets
Changing the sheets on an RV mattress that’s up against a wall will never be a headache again! QuickZip fitted sheets easily zip on and off the bed when they need to be washed. (They also come in a crib sheet size and would make a great baby shower gift!)
Where to order custom sized sheets for a non-standard mattress size
Etsy probably isn’t the first place you’d think to look for sheets for your RV, but there are actually quite a few sellers who specialize in making custom RV sheets, including some patterned with cute vintage campers.
The same company that offers RV mattresses cut to any size and shape also makes sheets to match. Using their online builder tool, you can enter the dimensions you need as well as any special cuts (such as an angled or rounded corner, or a notch cut out of the corner) and then instantly see what they’ll cost.
Another company that will let you order both flat and fitted RV sheets in any size or shape (including ANY odd shape) is Mattress Insider. Their sheets come in a variety of colors as well.
Where to buy RV mattress pads & protectors
It’s a good idea to have a layer between your fitted sheet and mattress. Below are some of the options to consider for your RV.
How to Protect Your RV Mattress
A mattress protector is a thin layer of fabric that can be fitted over the top of a mattress like a fitted sheet, or it can zip on and wrap the entire mattress like a slipcover.
A waterproof mattress protector will protect your RV mattress from spills and accidents, keeping an expensive mattress looking new longer. (In my RV, the bedroom air conditioning unit dripped onto my bed and left a huge water stain on my mattress! I wish I had been using a mattress protector then!)
Using a mattress protector is also better for your health, since it prevents sweat, dander, and dust mites from building up in your mattress and causing allergies.
Condensation can be a problem in RVs that are used in cold weather or stored in a humid climate, and one of the most common places for mildew to form is on the bottom of an RV mattress that’s laying on a cold bed platform. A mattress protector may prevent your mattress from being ruined if that were to happen. (If you struggle with condensation under your RV bed, it helps to add a moisture protection layer between your bed and mattress that allows for air circulation.)
Where to Find a Basic Mattress Pad
This layer between the sheet and mattress creates a more comfortable sleeping surface and allows you to control your sleeping temperature. Here are some places to buy a mattress pad sized to fit an RV bed:
- Camping World – Here are some basic mattress pads on the Camping World website that come in the most common standard RV bed sizes.
- Tochta – Using the Tochta mattress company’s custom mattress pad builder, you can order a mattress pad custom made to fit whatever size and shape of mattress you need, including beds with corners that are rounded, cut off at an angle, or have a notch cut out.
Temperature Controlled Mattress Pads
If you RV in cold weather, an electric heated mattress pad like this one with dual-controlled temperature settings can help you save on energy costs by allowing you to set your thermostat at little lower at night.
(A dual-controlled electric blanket can accomplish this as well.)
Plush / Memory Foam Mattress Toppers
A mattress topper is an affordable way to make a firm or lumpy mattress softer. The foam in a cheap innerspring RV mattress can break down over time, causing you to feel the springs, but by adding few inches of memory foam or a layer of quilted down on top, you may be able to get a few more years of use out of your mattress.
You can find RV bed sized mattress toppers in a variety of styles at CampingWorld.com, but you could also buy a standard sized foam mattress topper and cut it to fit your RV mattress. (Tip: Use a serrated knife to cut through the foam.)
Alternatively, you can purchase a gel foam mattress topper that’s already cut to your custom size (including odd sizes) from Mattress Insider.
If you have a hard time making the bed in your RV
Most people just use regular blankets, comforters/duvets, quilts, bedspreads, etc. on the beds in an RV. They might be a little longer, but I always like to buy up a size anyway (to keep me and my husband from fighting over the covers).
However, one frustration commonly encountered by RV owners is the difficulty of making a bed when one side is up against a wall or has very little room to walk around. Here are some products that can make this job easer:
- QuickZip Sheets – Mentioned earlier in this post, these sheets come in two parts: a base that fits around the mattress, and a top that zips on and off.
- Beddys – This product is like a fitted sheet with a comforter that zips onto it on three sides, kind of like a sleeping bag attached to your bed. Hard to describe in words – click here to see a video!
- Comforter with cotton duvet cover – I find it much easier to make the bed each day when all I have is a warm comforter without a flat sheet or any blankets. I use a cotton linen duvet cover over my down comforter that feels like a sheet against my skin and can be removed for washing. Here’s the one I bought; it comes in 35 different colors!
Need to replace your RV mattress?
If you’re looking for a new RV mattress, head on over to my RV mattress comparison guide!