This post may contain affiliate links.
Ashley Mann spent three years living full time in a 38-foot, 5th-wheel RV with her husband Josiah and their cat, Kitty. Her favorite thing about RV life is the challenge of finding the perfect way to organize a space, and she loves seeing all the creative and clever ways people come up with to customize their RVs.
Large items like pots and pans and colanders take up a ton of storage space in your cabinets. If you don’t have a lot of extra space in your RV, collapsible bowls and nesting dishes can help you fit more things into the space you do have.
Here’s a collection of 25 nifty folding and collapsible items for your RV.
Warning: I’m not saying you actually NEED everything on this list…but if you’re like me, you’re all about saving space in your tiny home!
Collapsible Kitchen Items for Your RV
To start off, here are some collapsible RV kitchen accessories.
1. Collapsible Bakeware
Not only does this set of collapsible bakeware flatten to save space in a drawer or cupboard, but the muffin pan, bread pan, brownie pan, and cake pan included with the set are also all small enough to fit in RV ovens! That’s no easy feat.
And since it’s silicone, you don’t have to listen to it bang around as you drive! Plus, if you have a gas oven in your RV, the silicone can help items bake more evenly.
2. Combination Dish Pan and Cutting Board
- Environmentally Friendly Material - Made of food grade premium PP + TPR material, BPA Free, durable, no smell, non-toxic, no cracking and no deformation.
This collapsible dish pan and cutting board combo will be so handy if you prefer to do cooking outside next to the grill or campfire.
Use it as a cutting board for chopping your hamburger fixings, then fill it with water and it becomes a dish pan for soaking your BBQ utensils! It has a plug so that if you want to leave it sitting in half of a farmhouse-style sink, you can easily drain it without having to lift it.
3. Step Stool
- 【Folding Stool Space Saving And Easy to Carry】：ACSTEP collapsible step stool is only 1.5 inches thick when folded that is easy to store in any small corner of home,And the folding stool of the weight is 2.58 lb,Lightweight that Portable to Carry Out
This one is essential if you’re short and have a fifth wheel with really high upper cabinets. Families with kids will appreciate this as well. It’s a small step stool that can be folded and stored out of the way.
4. Popcorn Maker Bowl
- Lose weight and live healthy; With this popcorn popper, you do not need t to add oil before popping. Simply pop your favorite kernels and add your favorite toppings as you so desire. It will quickly become your favorite microwave small appliance.
This collapsible popcorn maker bowl lets you make popcorn in the microwave without the fat, sodium, and sticky bags that you get with normal microwave popcorn. Just add kernels, microwave, and add your own salt, butter, and seasonings.
Each bowl is sized to hold a single portion, so you might want one for each member of your household. These bowls each have a lid and come in 22 colors.
5. Collapsible Microwave Splatter Cover
- PERFORATED LIDS: The lid protects your microwave from splatters and spots. The BPA-free plastic and silicone topper covers food to encourage even cooking and to keep food inside for a cleaner microwave. Small holes in the top of the lid allow steam to escape, encouraging airflow to prevent condensation buildup. Lid is dishwasher safe.
Keep your microwave clean with this vented splatter cover. It’s collapsible so you can store it more easily, but I would just leave it in the microwave!
6. Strainers, Colanders, and Measuring Spoons
- 🍅【Strainers and Colanders 11 Pack】 - Including 3 Collapsible strainer over the sink(2-quart/3-quart /6-quart ) and 8 collapsible measuring cups and spoons.
A strainer or colander is a handy kitchen item, and there are tons of collapsible options for this product. I love this set that includes a hand-held strainer, an over-sink colander, a bowl colander, and a set of collapsible measuring cups and spoons.
7. Nested Bowls
- Set Includes: 2 mixing bowls, 1 colander/strainer, 1 fine mesh sieve/sifter and 4 measuring cups- including sizes 1 cup, 1/3 cup, 1/2 cup and 1/5 cup.
While there are collapsible mixing bowls, this is one item that I think you’d want to be rigid instead of flexible. (Scraping batter out of a flexible bowl seems like it could get messy!)
A set of nested bowls is the perfect space-saving solution. This set comes with a colander and measuring spoons and is offered in multiple colors.
- ✅ Superb Kitchen Funnel Set: The kitchen funnels set include large funnel, medium funnel and small funnel. The 3 sizes of kitchen funnel can meet your different needs in life.
A funnel is a kitchen item I actually use quite often. They’re handy to have around, especially if you’re the type of person who likes to reuse bottles and jars whenever possible. This set of collapsible silicone funnels comes with multiple sizes, including the largest size that tends to fit awkwardly in a drawer.
9. Wine Bags
- 4 Pack: Leak-proof and portable wine bottle bag, easily to carry wine, liquor, juices, water and other beverages on the go, also perfect for hiking, camping, the beach, picnics, BBQ, concerts and more.
Are you a wine drinker? Transfer your wine to these collapsible wine bags and you won’t have to worry about the bottles breaking.
You can also take them with you on water activities such as boating and kayaking where glass isn’t allowed.
10. Space Saving Food Storage Containers
- 44 Plastic food storage containers and 44 lids in 3 convenient sizes. Clear - so you can easily see what's inside. Tight sealing lids for airtight leakproof storage.
Collapsible food storage containers are popular with a lot of RV owners, but personally my favorite type of food storage container for saving space in my fridge or pantry are deli containers in various sizes.
I love that they are uniform in size and all use the same lid! Why do you always end up losing lids? This an easy way to make sure you always have the right size lid handy!
11. Electric Kettle
- Safe Food Grade Protective: Made of safe food grade protective material PBA free. Heating plate and kettle lid is made of 304 stainless steel.
12. Travel Cup
- Collapsible cup: It’s literally never been easier (or more fun) to bring your own reusable cup! This compact cup collapses down to just 2 inches. Whether you’re enjoying coffee or smoothies, the 12 oz Stojo is perfectly portable for your commute, camping trips, and travels. When you’re done, simply remove the heat sleeve, open the tab, and collapse it down. Leak-proof, fits standard cupholders, and get a load of that Carnation Pink color!
I bought my mom one of these collapsible lidded cups for Christmas a few years back and she loved it. Not only will they save space in your RV, but they also fit nicely into a purse so you can take them with you and avoid using wasteful disposable cups.
They are available in 22 color options and come with a matching reusable straw.
13. Potato Masher
I think the person who invented this next item must have been motivated by this meme:
Save space in your utensil drawer—and open it every time—with this folding potato masher!
14. Nested Non-Stick Cooking Pots
- 🍎𝑭𝒐𝒓 𝒂 𝑪𝒍𝒖𝒕𝒕𝒆𝒓-𝒇𝒓𝒆𝒆 𝑪𝒖𝒑𝒃𝒐𝒂𝒓𝒅: Optimal storage and easy stacking with the handles off saves up to 70% more space of Motase detachable handle pots and pans set.
Save space in your cabinets with this set of non-stick cooking pots and pans that fit neatly inside each other. The handle is easily removed or attached to each of them whenever you need to move or lift them.
Non-Kitchen Related Collapsible Items
Here are some additional space-saving collapsible items I’ve found that aren’t kitchen accessories.
16. Folding Bathtub for Kids or Pets
- LARGE FOLDABLE BABY BATHTUB - The Stokke Flexi Bath X-Large is a foldable baby bathtub for babies and children up to age six. Whether in the bathroom or away from home, unfold it wherever you are for instant, trouble-free bath time.
This folding bathtub comes in two sizes and allows you to give babies, small children, and pets a bath, even if your RV only has a shower. It is sturdier than inflatable bathtubs and unlike many collapsible bathtubs, it has a plug that makes it easier to drain it gradually so you don’t have to dump it and potentially overflow your shower pan.
17. Collapsible Trash and Recycling Bin
- Spring loaded for easy pop-up camp trash can is lightweight and easy to carry; helps keep campsite, recreational and other use areas clean
It’s really handy to have a trash can outdoors when you’re cooking and eating outside, and a collapsible trash bin is great because it holds a lot but doesn’t take up much room to store.
I actually use mine for recyclables, and then I zip the whole thing closed to take it somewhere to recycle the items. Just be sure to hang it up or bring it inside at night so that wild animals don’t investigate!
18. Collapsible Bucket
- Dimensions are 13 by 13.2 by 9.6 inches when expanded; 10 liter/2.6 gallon capacity; Collapses down to 13.2 by 2 inches for transportation and storage. The folding bucket is easy to use and store
Buckets are handy to have around for all sorts of purposes. This one is collapsible and won’t take up much space wherever you decide you need it.
19. Collapsible Solar Lantern
Solar lanterns are great for lighting your campsite or path to the shower house when you don’t have electricity because you never have to worry about the batteries running down. Since this one by Goal Zero is collapsible, you can more easily fit a couple of them in your RV.
20. Collapsible Ladder
- ◆ Premium Materials : Yvan‘s telescoping Extension Ladder is crafted from premium aluminum alloy.The surface of aluminium is oxidized, which can prolong the life of folding ladder.And its plastic parts is reinforced with nylon fibre to improves load capacity, stability, aging resistance and extends service life.Our telescopic ladders have a maximum load of 250lb.
When I got my first RV, I thought a ladder was an unnecessary item since there was one attached to the back of my RV.
Turns out you DO need a ladder for chores like washing the RV exterior, changing light bulbs, fixing awnings, and more. I bought this one myself and found it to be perfect for washing the front nose of our giant fifth wheel.
I will warn you—it’s pretty heavy (which means it’s sturdy!)—so be sure to check the weight if you’re close to your limit.
21. Collapsible Washing Machine
Yes, you read that right!
This is a small, portable, electric washing machine that collapses so that it doesn’t take up too much space! Perfect for RVers who don’t have access to laundry facilities and need to wash just a few things.
(Click here to read about more ways to do laundry in an RV that doesn’t have washer/dryer hookups!)
22. Folding Backpack
- DURABLE. Made with high quality material, ultra-light, tear and water resistant .The extra strength provided by double-layer bottom piece, enhanced by bar-tacks at major stress points makes it very convenient to carry more load on your journeys.
I personally purchased this foldable backpack and I love it. It’s a very roomy day pack and it folds into its smaller front pocket so that it doesn’t take up nearly as much space in my closet as a regular backpack would.
23. Pair of Hiking Poles
- Increase Your Foot Print! Trek-Z Ergonomic Trekking Poles (set of 2) give you reason to increase the steps you take. Help Prevent knee injury, support extra weight, and walk comfortably with these hiking poles. Cork-texture grip wicks away sweat from hands keeping them drier. Firmer grip in muddy areas with added mud stops. EVA foam shafts allow for a strong grip in extreme all terrain environments. Trek-Z poles are the perfect gift for outdoor hikers who enjoy light and compact gear!
If you’re hoping to do some hiking on your RV adventures, this pair of telescoping hiking poles will be perfect for you and a hiking buddy, and they won’t take up too much space in your RV.
24. Folding Kayak
- PORTABLE FOLDING KAYAK: Get out on the wide open water quickly and easily. Your innovative Inlet boat by Oru Kayak is made for casual kayaking on calm waters, such as lakes, rivers, and bays, so it’s perfect for beginners and experts alike!
A folding kayak?!
While my husband and I lived in our RV, we purchased an inflatable kayak and found that it was not very efficient or easy to row with two adults weighing it down and causing it to sag in the middle. Additionally, it was still pretty heavy and bulky when folded.
This kayak is rigid and aerodynamic in the water yet folds down small and is very lightweight, which seems like a huge improvement. It comes in a few different styles for different purposes and has a ton of great reviews. If you’re interested in owning a kayak that doesn’t take up much space, you might want to check it out.
25. Collapsible Fire Pit
- Ideal Portable Steel Fire Pit: Keeping you fire off the ground and contained means you’re able to use the Adreak fire pit at those campsites that don’t allow fires on the ground and the tough 3mm thick steel means you know it’ll last.
If you’re camping somewhere there’s no fire ring, pull out this folding fire pit and you’ll be ready to cook over an open flame!
Did you enjoy this list? You may also enjoy: