Submit Your DIY RV Project!
We'd love to feature your DIY RV modification or renovation project on RV Inspiration.
We are currently paying for submissions of original DIY content for publication on rvinspiration.com!
What We're Looking For
Here's what we're looking for:
- A step-by-step video demonstrating your process (A cell phone recording is fine, but your video must be recorded horizontally, not vertically. Video must be from 5-25 minutes in length).
AND / OR
- Photos showing each step of the process, as well as the “before” and “after” photos, with written descriptions of each step of the project.
Additionally, you would need to provide:
- A list of all materials used and where you bought them from (including links to the products if you purchased them online)
- A list of any tools required for the project
Examples of the kinds of projects we're looking for include:
- Replacing an RV light fixture with a residential light fixture
- Recovering your window cornices / valances
- Removing window cornices / valances and replacing them with curtains
- Removing and replacing the countertops in your RV kitchen
- Any modification to add storage or improve organization
- Building and installing a piece of custom furniture for your RV
- Adding a work area to your RV
- Replacing an RV toilet with a composting toilet
- Adding a backsplash to your RV kitchen
- See the full list of ideas here
Examples of Reader-Submitted Content
Here are some articles featuring reader-submitted projects that you can look at as examples:
- How a Corner Bunk Area Was Converted Into a Mobile Office
- Step-by-Step Guide to Replacing Your RV Awning Fabric
- How I Transformed My Toy Hauler Garage Into a Master Bedroom
- Converting RV Bunks to a Closet
Did I Hear You Say You're Paying?
Yes! If we accept your project, we will pay you for your submission.
We'll let you know within a week of submission whether or not we can use your content or if we require any revisions. Feel free to email us about your idea before creating your content so that we can let you know if it's the type of project we can use.
If we decide to publish your content, we'll pay for it according to the following table:
|5-25 minute video demonstrating the complete process with a list of tools and materials used||$25|
|Photos of the complete process with a written description of each step of the process and a list of tools and materials used||$50|
|Photos of the complete process with written, step-by-step instructions AND a 5-25 minute video demonstrating the complete process, with a list of tools and materials used||$75|
|Complete, ready-to-publish article with at least 7 photos (must include list of tools and materials used)|
Approval before submission is required.
|Complete, ready-to-publish article with at least 7 photos and a 5-25 minute video demonstrating the complete process (must include list of tools and materials used)|
Approval before submission is required.
Additionally, we will include a by-line (“about the author”) with a link to your social media page or RV-related website for credit.
All payments will be sent via PayPal. In order to receive payment, you must have a PayPal account, and you must provide us with the email address associated with your account.
In order for your submission to be accepted, your project must meet the following requirements:
- You must be an RV owner or RV industry professional.
- You must submit original content that you created yourself.
- You must include a detailed written description and/or video demonstration of each step of the project.
- Any text you submit may not be published on any other website (otherwise Google might penalize us for plagiarism.)
- If you submit a video, you may not upload the same video to any other YouTube channel, social media channel, or website (again, so we don't get flagged for copyright violation when we upload the video).
- You must send us a 2-5 sentence bio / introduction about you and a photo of you (a picture of you in front of your RV would be great!).
- You must include a list of all tools and materials used for your project, with links to any products available for purchase online.
- In order to be paid, you must send us the email address associated with your PayPal account.
- Videos must be filmed horizontally, not vertically.
- Videos must not have music or sound effects added to them.
- Must be an original video that you own the rights to.
- Please begin your video with a brief (~15 second) introduction of yourself. This can be recorded separately if you have already filmed the rest of the video.
- Please do not add bumpers, text, watermarks, or any sort of branding to your video.
- If you have video editing experience, you may edit your video to speed up slow sections, add transitions, etc. but this is not a requirement.
- To share your video file, please email us a link to where you've uploaded it to Google Drive or Dropbox. We must be able to download the file in order to use it.
By submitting and accepting payment for your video, you grant RV Inspiration LLC exclusive rights to your video, meaning you may not upload it to any other YouTube channel or social media, and you may not publish it on any other website (because this could cause us to be flagged for copyright violation when we publish it). We reserve the right to decline any submissions, and we will not pay for videos we do not intend to use.
- You must include a before and after photo, a photo of yourself, and a photo for each step of your project.
- Please include both horizontal and vertical shots of your before and after photos if possible.
- Photos must be at least 1200 pixels on their longest side and at least 600 pixels on their shortest side. Larger photos are preferred.
- Please rename all of your photo files to include your name and the step of the project they correspond with (e.g. “Smith Project – Step 1”).
- Please do not add any filters to your photos.
- We cannot accept watermarked photos.
- We cannot accept screenshots of photos.
- Photos must be of a quality consistent with the other photos on our site.
- To submit your content, please email us a link to a Google Drive or Dropbox folder where you have uploaded your photos and a document containing your text (description of the steps of the project and materials list).
By sending us your photos, you grant permission for RV Inspiration LLC to publish them on rvinspiration.com and all related web properties (e.g. social media pages, Pinterest, YouTube channel, etc.). You retain the rights to your photos, meaning you are still free to publish, share, or sell them yourself. We reserve the right to decline any submissions, and we will not pay for photos we cannot use.
Before submitting an article, you must first email us and tell us what you plan to submit so we can make sure it's content we can use. We cannot pay for content we do not need.
- Must be between 1000 and 2000 words.
- Must be written in a style consistent with the other articles on our site.
- Please proofread before submitting.
- Must be submitted in a Google Doc. We will not accept articles attached as Microsoft Word documents as they create more work for us.
- Please email us a link to a Google Drive folder containing the Google Doc with the text of your article as well as all photo and video files that go with your article.
- Please note within the text of the article where each photo should go by typing the file name of the photo.
- We reserve the right to edit your article as needed.
- We reserve the right to require revisions before paying for your article.
- We reserve the right to refuse your submission. If we do not publish your article, it is yours to publish wherever you like.
Where to Submit Your Project
Please email your submission to us at the following address: [email protected]
We would prefer that you include a link in your email to a Google Drive or Dropbox folder where you've uploaded your content instead of attaching the files directly to an email.
How do I know if you'll accept my project?
We are looking for quality content that our readers will find helpful. These are the factors we'll be looking at in order to determine whether or not we can accept your submission:
- How well you followed the instructions on this page 🙂 (Because it creates extra work for us if you don't follow our instructions)
- The quality of your video and/or photos
- The amount of clarity and detail you provide in your explanation of the process
- Whether your project is something other RV owners may want to try
- Whether your project is doable for the average RV owner
- Whether or not we have already published similar content
Can I mention my business / channel / website / something I'm selling?
You are welcome to include information about yourself or your business that is related to RVing and related to your project, including an invitation for people to connect with you via your website or social media. You may also reference relevent products or services you offer.
- If you are a professional RV renovator, it would be fine to mention an online course you've created about how to renovate RV's.
- If you are a health coach who is renovating an RV, it would be fine to say in the intro that you are a health coach and that people can follow you at @yourinstagram, but it would not be appropriate to pitch a health product that you sell.
- If you sell an RV product, it would be fine to mention in your introduction that you work for X company which sells X product. It would not be appropriate to include a pitch for the product, but it would be okay to use that product as part of your project and let people know where they can buy it.
Bottom Line: We may not accept your content if you spend too much time talking about yourself, pitch products or services that have nothing to do with the topic of the video, or come across as sales-y.
Can I submit multiple projects?
Absolutely! However, whether we're able to accept all of your content at once will depend on our budget and whether or not it's content we need. Before submitting your content, please email us a list of the projects you'd like to submit, and we will let you know which content we would be able to accept.